This blog post from Deacon Greg Kandra was shared with me recently. I will be participating.
A beautiful idea for Palm Sunday
How can we publicly acknowledge this important day on our calendar when so many of us will be behind closed doors?
The Missionaries of the Holy Spirit posted this idea on their Facebook page:
What if everyone on Sunday April 5 in the morning, puts a branch on the door of their house or on the window, to celebrate Palm Sunday?
It could be any green branch you can get. This would help, despite the social distancing, to be connected as we enter into the Holiest of Weeks.
Want to join?
We may be physically isolated, but not separated. We are united as the body of Christ.
We are the Church.
Yes, we are. We’ve got this. Let’s do it.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Subscribe to The Deacon’s Bench
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
View my archived blog articles at PatheosRead More
- Trappists offer free handmade caskets for victims of COVID-19
- And now, a word from your host
- Looking for a livestreamed Divine Liturgy? Look no further
- WATCH: A British family goes all ‘Les Miz’ under quarantine and it’s priceless
- COVID-19 Holy Week in Brooklyn: No Palms, No People, New Good Friday intercession
- Can a deacon serving Mass abstain from Holy Communion?
- Prayer request: Long Island deacon has died from coronavirus
- A beautiful idea for Palm Sunday
- If you are still wondering why churches are closed, consider this
- Looking for a livestreamed Mass? Look no further.
- Amid COVID-19 restrictions, Uganda priest arrested for publicly celebrating Mass
- RIP: Maria Mercader of CBS News, another COVID-19 victim
- WATCH: A video from quarantine that will have you howling — and dancing!
- ‘Master, the one you love is ill’: Homily for March 29, 2020, 5th Sunday of Lent
- ‘A Prayer in Discouragement’: Words a lot of us need right now